Student/Faculty ID Cards
Major Features and Service Information
Lecture attendance verification
- Student attendance can be verified through the card readers installed at the entrance of the lecture rooms in Woodang Hall and other large lecture rooms.
Library access and seat assignment
- Students can access the library and check their seat assignment through the kiosk by placing their card on the sensor.
- Students can use the card to access their dormitory and purchase meals.
- The card controls access to allow entrance only by authorized personnel into buildings or particular location that require security.
Finance and transportation card
- The financial function of the Student/Faculty ID card varies depending on the type of card issued. Therefore, details of the financial features of the care should be checked on the website of the corresponding card company.
Issuance of New Student ID Cards
- Newly enrolled students in the undergraduate program as well as students in master’s and doctoral program of the relevant General, Professional, or Specialized Graduate School.
- Only applicable to graduate students with an assigned class number
- Early February (for undergraduate students and graduate school students enrolling for the Spring Semester), Early August (for graduate school students enrolling for the Fall Semester)
Distribution Period and Location
- Details on the application period, distribution period and location shall be announced separately upon confirmation for admission.
- Application Procedure
- International students shall register their alien registration certificate at the Administration Office of their college/graduate school after admission, and get their student ID card issued at the One-stop Service Center (passport-size photo and copy of the alien registration card certificate must be submitted).
- Students who fail to apply for a student ID card during the application period may obtain their student ID cards issued through the One-stop Service Center (bring a photo).
Reissuance of the Student ID Card
Reissuance of Student/Faculty ID Card
- If your card is either lost or damaged, visit the One-stop Service Center with an ID
- Apply for reissuance (card will be issued within 30 minutes)
- Pay the reissuance fee (5,000 KRW)
If the chip or the magnetic strip of the card is damaged
- visit the One-stop Service Center with the damaged student ID card and ID
- No additional fees are required
Issuance of International Student ID Cards
Application for a general International Student Identity Card (ISIC) with no financial features
- Apply for the international student ID online, transfer the application fee, and visit the One-stop Service Center at the Central Plaza with an ID or student ID card for immediate issuance.
Application for an ISIC with check (debit) card features
- Refer to the information provided in the Application for an International Student Identity Card (ISIC) and apply. For more information, please click “Go to Application for ISIC”.
- Hana World Plus ISIC with check (debit) card features can be issued at the KU branch of the Hana Bank.
Issuance of Faculty ID Cards
- Visit the One-stop Service Center with a photo and ID for immediate issuance.
- Cards that are either lost or require a photo replacement can be reissued for a fee of KRW 5,000.
Seoul Campus : One-Stop Service Center
- Humanities and Social Sciences : 02-3290-1141~6, firstname.lastname@example.org, Central Plaza B1
- Natural Sciences and Engineering : 02-3290-4090~2, email@example.com, Hana square B1
- Sejong Academic Support Center : 044-860-1088~9, firstname.lastname@example.org, Sejong Academic Information Center 1st floor
- Office Hour : 09:00~17:30
- Educational Affairs Team(02-3290-1145, 4092)