Credit Earned During Summer/Winter Sessions
- Students can earn up to nine (9) credits during a summer or winter session.
- Registration and course completion for summer/winter sessions are not included in the time limits for course completion.
- Credits earned during summer/winter sessions are marked as summer/winter sessions on academic transcripts and will be included in calculations for total credits and overall GPA.
Students on a Leave of Absence and Summer/Winter Sessions
- Students on a leave of absence may take courses during the summer/winter sessions. However, when a student on a leave of absence fulfills graduation requirements by earning credits during the summer/winter sessions, the student must wait at least one semester after returning from the leave of absence to graduate.
- The courses College Writing and Academic English must be taken initially during a regular semester.
Summer/Winter Sessions Procedures
|Request for Courses
|Courses can be requested before the summer/winter sessions begin in April or October. (Refer to notices on the KU Portal.)
|Courses Open for Summer/Winter Sessions
|Courses are opened by departments offering summer/winter sessions in May or November. (Courses can be checked for at sugang.korea.ac.kr or the KU Portal.)
|Payment of Lecture Fees
|Withdrawal from Courses
|Cancellation of Courses, Grading, Surveys on Courses
Korea University Academic Regulations Article 49 (Credit Acquisition in Summer/Winter Session)
- General inquiries
- Educational Affairs Team : 02-3290-2733, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sejong Academic Support Center : 044-860-1082, email@example.com
- Educational Affairs Team