Double Major Withdrawals
Korea University Academic Regulations Article 106, Article 113, Article 121, Article 136, Article 137, Article 138
- Students who wish to withdraw from a second major after receiving permission to do so and are applying for an intensive major of the first major or another second major should submit a request for withdrawal following the established procedures before the second major application period.
Second majors (double major, interdisciplinary major, student-designed major), dual degree, minor major
Application Period for Withdrawals
One month before the end of the semester concerned (January 20 or July 20)
Log in to the KU Portal (http://portal.korea.ac.kr) > Registration and Graduation – University Registration – Application for Withdrawal of Multiple Major
- Students must complete either the intensive major of the first major or another second major after withdrawal from the approved second major.
- Students who wish to withdraw from an approved second major in order to apply for another second major must submit the withdrawal application and complete the withdrawal procedure before the application period for the second major. Re-application is permitted only once.
- Students who wish to change their second major to the intensive major of their first major must submit an application of withdrawal for the approved second major.
- The frequency restriction shall not apply to students who change their campuses (e.g., Seoul or Sejong) and transfer it to a second major approved before the affiliation change.
Students who have acquired credits but have not completed their graduation requirements shall submit an application for withdrawal from a dual degree program as shown below:
- Log in to the KU Portal (http://portal.korea.ac.kr) > Registration and Graduation – University Registration – Application for Withdrawal from a Multiple Major
- For students expecting to graduate in February, the withdrawal application must be submitted by January 20, and for students expecting to graduate in August, the withdrawal application must be submitted by July 20.
For students who have withdrawn from a dual degree program, the degree shall be conferred in accordance with the degree conferral schedule of the semester concerned.
- Students who neither apply for withdrawal nor register for the next semester within the specified application period are conferred a bachelor’s degree in the first major in accordance with the degree conferral schedule of the subsequent semester.
- Seoul Campus
- Sejong Academic Support Center(044-860-1125)
- Educational Affairs Team(02-3290-2735)